Using Traditional Developers in Agile Projects?

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
OscarG
Active User
Active User

Using Traditional Developers in Agile Projects?

Post by OscarG »

O.K., as I mentioned earlier and after reading a bit on the different processes, I think I can ask some more specific questions. Here is one that comes to mind. Can we use traditional developers on Agile projects? If so, do they need significant re-training? And, what Agile process would it be easier to follow, if we are using traditional developers, i.e., what would be the easier transition?

Thank you
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work - Thomas A. Edison
Andrew.Hillipar
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Using Traditional Developers in Agile Projects?

Post by Andrew.Hillipar »

Oscar, I am not sure that there are Traditional and Agile developers, but there may be developers that have not yet been trained in the Agile processes. In order to answer your question, you probably need to create two columns, one for Traditional and one for Agile, then list the qualities you think are part of a developer in each type of process and see how many are common and what new capabilities your team may need to acquire to do Agile.

The process will also teach you a lot about Agile and a lot about your team.
WiltonMarks
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Using Traditional Developers in Agile Projects?

Post by WiltonMarks »

Very sound advice, Andrew. I remember creating those lists when I was first introduced to Agile. They were very helpful and indeed gave me a unique insight to the project team.