Scrum may not be Agile

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
WiltonMarks
Casual User
Casual User

Scrum may not be Agile

Post by WiltonMarks »

I see all these terms thrown around here, Agile, Scrum, XP, etc. and wahned to just point out that there are many certified PMPs that do not consider Scrum an Agile process. I am not sure I agree with them, or not, but I have heard some very interesting arguments both ways.

I just wanted to throw this in here ;-)
Derek_Thomas
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Scrum may not be Agile

Post by Derek_Thomas »

Now I ve heard everything. How do you figure? One of the original signatories to the Agile Manifesto was the inventor of scrum and it's not agile? Come on.
TommyD
Casual User
Casual User

Post by TommyD »

Derek_Thomas wrote:Now I ve heard everything. How do you figure? One of the original signatories to the Agile Manifesto was the inventor of scrum and it's not agile? Come on.
Scrum is *very* agile.
Bill_WG
Casual User
Casual User

Post by Bill_WG »

TommyD wrote:Scrum is *very* agile.
Ditto! Scrum was developed to be Agile by definition. It's possible that some team version of scrum implementation may not look agile, but that's a reflection of the team.
TommyD
Casual User
Casual User

Post by TommyD »

Bill_WG wrote:Ditto! Scrum was developed to be Agile by definition. It's possible that some team version of scrum implementation may not look agile, but that's a reflection of the team.
Exactly. I don't know how some people come up with such statements, like "Scrum may not be Agile" !