e-Commerce platform ?

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
JimLombard
Casual User
Casual User

e-Commerce platform ?

Post by JimLombard »

We are looking are redoing the e-commerce platform for one of our retail sales divisions, and there are so many choices out there, including options to creating an in-house solution, that we are having a hard time deciding which way to go. Anyone has any experiences of ideas they don't mind sharing here?
Luck is not a factor. Hope is not a strategy. Fear is not an option - James Cameron
MikeTil
Active User
Active User

Re: e-Commerce platform ?

Post by MikeTil »

There are too many solutions out there, as you said. I've done a bit of work with Drupal, Joomla and Shopify and I shopify the best. I felt it was much more straight forward to set up and modify, as our needs changed.

Unless you have significant resources, I would advise against building an in-house solution.
jniardo
New User
New User

Re: e-Commerce platform ?

Post by jniardo »

I think most solutions may be classified as in-house solutions, since they involve using some third party platform and customizing it to fit your needs. Unless, you are referring to something written completely, 100% from stock components of the OS without any 3rd party components. Don't know too many outfits that do that!
Jose Niardo - NE