Thorium General Info

Messages about other areas of TRIUS expertise (Energy, Radiation Safety, Risk,..) and Technology, in general...
Helen22
Senior User
Senior User

Thorium General Info

Post by Helen22 »

Since some mentioned that Thorium is the new buzz in the nuclear energy sector, I thought I'd upload a couple of simple docs about it.
Attachments
thorium_june11-153.pdf
Thorium: How to save Europe’s nuclear revival
(169.99 KiB) Downloaded 895 times
Thorium-aimhighbrochure.pdf
Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor
(260.32 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - A. Einstein
Fedya Rovic
Active User
Active User

Re: Thorium General Info

Post by Fedya Rovic »

Excellent sources, Helen!
"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense", G. Stein
Phil_Jion
New User
New User

Post by Phil_Jion »

Is there any additional information, documents, reports, etc. on the Thorium cycle, you might want to share with us, Helen22?
Helen22
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Helen22 »

Phil_Jion wrote:Is there any additional information, documents, reports, etc. on the Thorium cycle, you might want to share with us, Helen22?
Phil_Jion, there is tons of Thorium information out there. And there are so many aspect in the Thorium fuel cycle that I am not really sure what it is that you are looking for. Is these something specific you are interested in?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - A. Einstein
Phil_Jion
New User
New User

Post by Phil_Jion »

Yes, I know, Helen22. I am really interested in any info regarding the new Thorium reactor concepts that are being discussed in the last few years. Well, actually, what I would love to see is a document that clearly documents the advantages of a Thorium fuel cycle compared to the conventional Uranium fuels.

Thanks