Purpose of Board?

Messages about other areas of TRIUS expertise (Energy, Radiation Safety, Risk,..) and Technology, in general...
OscarG
Active User
Active User

Purpose of Board?

Post by OscarG »

I just signed on to this board and find the material and messages great, but I have a question. What is the purpose of it? I understand it was setup by the TRIUS company, but is it so they can discuss what they do? Is it so their clients can have a place to gather? Is there some other reason? I have read over most of the messages and the purpose is not really clear to me.
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work - Thomas A. Edison
duane_horst
New User
New User

Re: Purpose of Board?

Post by duane_horst »

Well, I am new here too, and though I don't have any inside information, I think this was set-up for trius' clients to talk about trius' products, but it them became a more general board about science and technology, radiation, solar, etc. So, now it's a catchall board. Note, I am not complaining, I like the general nature of it. And, as I said I don't have any inside info, so others who have been visiting here for a while, my know better.
dhimmer
Casual User
Casual User

Post by dhimmer »

My understanding pretty much echoes yours.
KimChin
Active User
Active User

Post by KimChin »

Same here. AFAIK, the board created to provide a place of TRIUS customers to discuss their products and other issues. I have to say, though, that it has transcended that and it has become more of a general technology board, which is fine with me. This way I learn lots of things every time I visit here :-)
duane_horst
New User
New User

Post by duane_horst »

KimChin, I have been visiting this board for a while now and I see hat *a lot of people* are reading the messages. However, I also see that very few comment and I find it very interesting. I guess a lot of people don't like getting involved in the discussions.
dhimmer
Casual User
Casual User

Post by dhimmer »

Based on the activity over the past few months, the board has become almost a clearing house for people posting documents, reports, etc. I am not complaining, I find a lot of the uploads very interesting. I am just saying what has happened. I believe it would be better if people (all of us) also engaged in discussions about what it is they are uploading.

It may also be useful if the admin of the page considers (a) braking down the forum into sub-forums of specific areas (Nuclear, solar, renewables, computers, math modeling, etc.) and (b) collecting all the files to a single grid-type listing so we can go down the list and decide what we want to download, or not. These are suggestions, I'm sure the admin knows what's better for this board.