Received a warning from Moderator

Messages about other areas of TRIUS expertise (Energy, Radiation Safety, Risk,..) and Technology, in general...
HowardE
Senior User
Senior User

Received a warning from Moderator

Post by HowardE »

I just realized that I had a private message from the moderator (sent Sep 7, 2013) warning me not to post controversial messages in these forums. This is unbelievable. In the age of openness, the internet, freedom of expression, I can't post disagreeing with others in this forum? That's the last thing I expected here :-(
Anger is a good motivator!

Re: Received a warning from Moderator

Post by Moderator »

HowardE wrote:I just realized that I had a private message from the moderator (sent Sep 7, 2013) warning me not to post controversial messages in these forums. This is unbelievable. In the age of openness, the internet, freedom of expression, I can't post disagreeing with others in this forum? That's the last thing I expected here
The message was sent to you following PM complaints by other users and it was sent to you private, because we felt it should be private. But, since you decided that you wanted to publicly mention it, here is the message we sent you, in its entirety, so others don't get the wrong idea. We are not warning you against arguing, disagreeing, etc., but against doing it in a way with a clear motive to flame others and get the forum out of control. For now, we will revert back to just listening.

First Warning - Flame alert
HowardE, although we usually do not interfere with the discussions in these forums (normally there is no need to), we have to warn you that posting messages that are meant to intentionally start arguments (not discussions) will not be tolerated. You can post, disagree, complain, etc. about any relevant subject on these forums, as long as you follow decorum and you don't do it in a manner that is clearly meant to flame and get things out of control.

We are not taking any action at this point, but we are closely monitoring these posts.

Please, consider this your first, friendly warning.