AS-EASY-AS for Windows - Free!

Info on how to get a free copy of TRIUS' spreadsheet program AS-EASY-AS for DOS and AS-EASY-AS for Windows and messages by users on how to use it, etc. (Discontinued, but still used by many users)

AS-EASY-AS for Windows - Free!

Post by Moderator »

As of 10/1/2006, As-Easy-As for window was discontinued. Copies of the program can still be downloaded and FREE full licenses can be installed using the information below. TRIUS no longer supports or answers questions regarding this program, but other users visiting these forums might. Here are the links for the program and the user's manual,

Old As-Easy-As v1.6 for Windows program
http://www.triusinc.com/old_files/asawin95.exe
Ser Num: 16-0101-2317-2 *
* You are asked for this sernum during the installation of the program. The installation prompted you to find it on the inside cover of the manual. There no manual or inside cover - THIS is the number to enter.

Users Manual
http://www.triusinc.com/old_files/asawin16_manual.exe
Manual Password: ASAWINLicensed1385
jerryt
Casual User
Casual User

Re: AS-EASY-AS for Windows - Free!

Post by jerryt »

What is the purpose of posting this message and making this program available? It doesn't even work in Win 7.

Post by Moderator »

jerryt wrote:What is the purpose of posting this message and making this program available? It doesn't even work in Win 7.
Although the program was disontinued many years ago, unbelievable as it may sound, thee are still people out there that are using it, and those are the people this forum was set-up for.
jerryt
Casual User
Casual User

Post by jerryt »

Ok, I see. It just seemed weird. Do you think there are any plans by TRIUS to revive these products, or are they gone forever? If they don't plan to revive them, do you think they might release the source code to forge, or something, so others may revive them?
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

I was using their aseasy program up until I switched to Windows 7. I wasn't able to make it run under that. Too bad, because I had many years of my accounting in it. If can ever find out how I can run it in Win 7, I'll go back in a heartbeat.
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else
robertc
New User
New User

Post by robertc »

Hmm... I had no problem installing Aseasy for Win under Windows 7, 32-bit and have been running it without any problems. What sorts of issues are you having with it, Bill?
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Post by MaryTw »

Me too, Robertc. No problems here. Bill might be doing something wrong :-)
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

It's working now. I was able to install it and all is fine. I had tried multiple times in the past and couldn't do it - go figure.
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else
MellishR
New User
New User

Post by MellishR »

I'm trying to help a friend retrieve some spreadsheet files from an ancient version of Excel. It can save in various formats but not CSV. Gnumeric reads the native files but can't read the cells containing dates. So I thought I'd try AS-EASY-AS (having used the DOS version a long while ago).

I've downloaded asawin95.exe but when I try to run it I get an error "NTVDM.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I did a web search and found (at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... f979e599af) that this error has arisen when running some DOS programs since one of the Windows XP updates, and the suggestion to run http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%2 ... 86_zip.exe.

I have tried that but I am still getting the same error.

Have others encountered that error with the Windows version of AS-EASY-AS? Is there a solution?

Richard
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Post by MaryTw »

Haven't encountered any similar problems. I've run it under all flavors of Windows XP. Currently running it on two systems, Win-XP-SP3 and Win-7, 32-bit, and I am not getting the error you mention. Also the NTVDM.EXE error is related to trying to run 16-bit programs and I am pretty sure that ASAWIN is a 32-bit one, so it shouldn't cause the problem. But then again, this is Windows, so who knows :-(