Do it Yourself Agile Book

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
WarrenT
Casual User
Casual User

Do it Yourself Agile Book

Post by WarrenT »

And, here is another useful book.
Attachments
Do-It-Yourself-Agile.pdf
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 1312 times
Prolific programmers contribute to certain disaster -- Niklaus Wirth
NewAgile
New User
New User

Re: Do it Yourself Agile Book

Post by NewAgile »

Thank you. Very good resource for people like me.
Scotty
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Do it Yourself Agile Book

Post by Scotty »

Indeed a very useful book. I think the author hit it on the head early in his introduction, when he said:

"But then, one day a funny thing happened. I inadvertently reached critical mass on Agile and I realized what had kept me from seeing the value of Agile up to that point. My objections were based on assumptions formed by doing traditional development. Many of the concepts in Agile development, taken individually, do not work in a traditional framework. So, if you examine the concepts one by one, it is easy to dismiss them one by one and conclude that Agile won’t work. But if you suspend your disbelief long enough to absorb the critical mass of individual concepts in Agile and then see the new framework that Agile provides, the individual concepts of Agile make sense."

IMHO, most people that do not believe Agile works, look at it one component/step at a time. Agile is a philosophy that needs to be embraced altogether, as a whole, for it to deliver what it promises.