Which Fortran compiler?

Messages about other areas of TRIUS expertise (Energy, Radiation Safety, Risk,..) and Technology, in general...
GradPhys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Which Fortran compiler?

Post by GradPhys »

I was wondering if anyone here can offer me some guidance as to a good free Fortan compiler. I understand there are quite a few out there and I have read some good comments about a bunch of them, but I was wondering. Does anyone here have any experience with any of these? If so, can you recommend one? I tend to gravitate towards G95 (based on what I've read), but comments from anyone having used these would help!

Open Source Watcom
MinGW G77
G95
GFortran
emilygrafton
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Which Fortran compiler?

Post by emilygrafton »

I have found g95 easy to use and very compatible with everything I've thrown its way, but how is this a relevant topic in these forums that are for trius products? Just wondering, that's all...
GradPhys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by GradPhys »

Thanks.

I wasn't aware that this was only for trius programs. I saw the discussions about the programming languages, etc. and thought it was a natural question. Sorry if I have offended anyone.
emilygrafton
Casual User
Casual User

Post by emilygrafton »

Nobody is offended. I was just pointing something out :-)
jillrosen
New User
New User

Post by jillrosen »

emilygrafton wrote:I have found g95 easy to use and very compatible with everything I've thrown its way, but how is this a relevant topic in these forums that are for trius products? Just wondering, that's all...
I have to agree, the fortran g95 compiler is good and it's free.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a good source of public domain fortran routines out there?
John HG
Casual User
Casual User

Post by John HG »

jillrosen wrote:
emilygrafton wrote:I have found g95 easy to use and very compatible with everything I've thrown its way, but how is this a relevant topic in these forums that are for trius products? Just wondering, that's all...
I have to agree, the fortran g95 compiler is good and it's free.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a good source of public domain fortran routines out there?
I am certain there are many such sources, but take a look at these...

http://www.fortranlib.com/freesoft.htm
http://www.nag.com/nagware/Examples.asp
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/f_src.html

they may have source code you are looking for. I have never used any of it and can't vouch for any of the links, but it looks like there may be some gems in there.