Russian Meteor fell near nuclear facilities

Messages about other areas of TRIUS expertise (Energy, Radiation Safety, Risk,..) and Technology, in general...
HowardE
Senior User
Senior User

Russian Meteor fell near nuclear facilities

Post by HowardE »

I read that the meteor that fell in Russia yesterday, fell near a number of nuclear installations. I wonder if there was any damage to them and if radiation may have been released to the environment. Anyone know?
Anger is a good motivator!
Helen22
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Russian Meteor fell near nuclear facilities

Post by Helen22 »

You'll find a way to work your anti-nuclear sentiments into any subject, won't you? :-(
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - A. Einstein
Fedya Rovic
Active User
Active User

Post by Fedya Rovic »

Helen22 wrote:You'll find a way to work your anti-nuclear sentiments into any subject, won't you?
Helen, Howard may have an "anti-nuclear" sentiment in his posts, but it's O.K. to question things and ask questions.

Anyway, as far as I know, based on what I have read from Russian reports, there was no nuclear facility affected by the meteor.
"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense", G. Stein
Helen22
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Helen22 »

Fedya Rovic wrote:Helen, Howard may have an "anti-nuclear" sentiment in his posts, but it's O.K. to question things and ask questions.

Fedya, you may be right that it's O.K. for him to do that, but it's just that he always has something negative to post about nuclear, regardless what the specific subject is. So, it's my knee-jerk reaction to respond that way. I'll try to refrain, but please, do not encourage him :-(
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - A. Einstein