Scrum without a PM ??

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
OscarG
Active User
Active User

Scrum without a PM ??

Post by OscarG »

As we review the options available to us, Scrum seems to be the best Agile process we may want to go with. However, I have a big problem with the frequent mentions (in everything I read) that Scrum don't have a project manager. How can you see a project to completion with nobody being responsible for it? That really concerns me.

Any words of advice?
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work - Thomas A. Edison
WiltonMarks
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Scrum without a PM ??

Post by WiltonMarks »

Who says that? Although a scrum team may not have a single person as a "Project Manager" the Scrum Master is a management position, though it's scoped differently. Plus, don;t forget that the whole scrum concept is based on a "Self-Organizing" team concept, so the traditional PM role is not necessary. There are other roles that complement the team like the Business Analyst, the Product Owner, the Leads, etc. which may not be management teams, but add tremendous value to the team.
Alex_Cohn
New User
New User

Re: Scrum without a PM ??

Post by Alex_Cohn »

I always thought there was no PM on a scrum team, as well!!