GIS Technology

Messages about TRIUS GIS/Mapping Products. (Most are published and distributed by http://www.undertowsoftware.com)
SHuLee
New User
New User

GIS Technology

Post by SHuLee »

I have seen some references to TRIUS' involvement in developing GIS technology, but I don't see were one can get such technology. The only place it appears one can do that is on the Undertow site, and I see here that all/most TRIUS technology is licensed by Untertow. Is that true, or is there some other technology that is available directly from TRIUS? The web site is very confusing.
RichardG
New User
New User

Re: GIS Technology

Post by RichardG »

As far as I know, all the GIS technology that is developed by TRIUS, is sold through the Undertow company. They used to have a product Smpmapx and I found a download site for it here, http://smpmapx.lastdownload.com/ I think that TRIUS has discontinued this product, but again, I am not sure. The best way to find out might be to contact TRIUS and ask them.
SHuLee
New User
New User

Post by SHuLee »

Thanks for the link. I see on their web site that they develop mapping technology and didn't see any specific products, that's why I was wondering.
RichardG
New User
New User

Post by RichardG »

Well, I am not exactly certain exactly what else they do, but I know that I have seen multiple references in the web to their GIS and mapping technology. I have to say, though, that it's never clear as to what the relationship between TRIUS and Undertow, all I have seen is that the mapping technology they develop is sold through Undertow.
EdMack
New User
New User

Post by EdMack »

SHuLee wrote:Thanks for the link. I see on their web site that they develop mapping technology and didn't see any specific products, that's why I was wondering.
SHuLee, there is a lot more activity about their GIS work, over in the undertow forum (www.undertowsoftware.com/forums) I guess the two companies are tightly related and probably are separated on a functional line, but not sure.
SHuLee
New User
New User

Post by SHuLee »

Just wanted to post that I was talking to one of their customers and was told that both companies appear to be owned by the same group of people. TRIUS does most of the core development and Undertow does the end product development for the mapping and GIS.
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

Well, based on the posts on the undertow company forums, it seems they are getting out of mapping/GIS, so...
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else
SHuLee
New User
New User

Post by SHuLee »

The Undertow forums don't seem to be working very well, so I am wondering. If the companies are related, can we ask mapping/GIS questions here? Are the Undertow people also visiting this forum?