Worked Out Samples

An area to discuss any/all other topics
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Worked Out Samples

Post by MaryTw »

Back, years ago, TRIUS had put together some documents on how to do certain things with their spreadsheet program. Although they were meant for aseasyas, they were general enough that I had found them helpful, in general. They had some statistics, linear programming, etc. Does anyone know where I can get copies of those documents? If anyone has any links to them, or something, I would appreciate it.
RichardG
New User
New User

Re: Worked Out Samples

Post by RichardG »

You may want to contact TRIUS directly and see if they have those files somewhere. I haven't talked to them in years, but they used to be good about customer support. If they have them, I'm sure they'll make them available to you.
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Post by MaryTw »

I did contact them yesterday. They told me most of the old documents are gone, since aseasy was discontinued, but they gave me a link to one of them that they had found, http://www.triusinc.com/techs/basic_lin ... amming.pdf

That's exactly what I was looking for. I wish I could find the rest of those older documents. Any ideas?
jerryt
Casual User
Casual User

Post by jerryt »

Marytw, were these part of the aseasy distributed package? I am asking because I think I still have the 3-1/2" disk the program cam on, somewhere. If you think they were there, I can fire up an old XP system I have and see if I can read the disk and get the files for you. No guarantee that I can easily locate the disk, or the disk is still good or the disk drive on the old system still works, but I could give it a try :-)
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Post by MaryTw »

Not sure if they were on the original disk or not. But I know there were a whole bunch of them. I understand that TRIUS is now concentrating on mapping and GIS, but I don't understand why they would just lose that valuable content they had. It doesn't cost them anything to just make it available somewhere on their servers. I mean storage is very cheap nowadays :-(