Where is TiVec?

Messages about TRIUS GIS/Mapping Products. (Most are published and distributed by http://www.undertowsoftware.com)
Rich_Dur
New User
New User

Where is TiVec?

Post by Rich_Dur »

TRIUS used to sell a program, TiVec, for converting Tiger data files to SHP/DBF files. The company I worked for had a copy and we used it all the time. I now work for a different company and need to do the conversion, but I can't find where I can purchase this program. Can you help?

BTW, I know that I can get the Tiger Data in SHP files, without having to convert them, but what I liked about TiVec was that I could specify "what" data to export, which means I could generate much "Smaller" SHP files.

I wonder why the product is NOT on their web site.
Agile is like Churchill’s democracy, the worst possible solution until compared to the alternatives :-)

Re: Where is TiVec?

Post by Moderator »

TiVec was discontinued a number of years ago, about the same time that Tiger data was made available in SHP format.
Rich_Dur
New User
New User

Re: Where is TiVec?

Post by Rich_Dur »

Thanks for getting back to me, though I was hoping for a different answer :-(

On a different topic, we had purchased a database of Zip5 polygons in both MID/MIF and SHP/DBF format from TRIUS, oh, back in 2003, or so. I don't know if the data has changed and by how much, but do you know if there is an update to the database, and if so, do you know how expensive it would be to updata.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Agile is like Churchill’s democracy, the worst possible solution until compared to the alternatives :-)