ASAWIN with Ubuntu

Info on how to get a free copy of TRIUS' spreadsheet program AS-EASY-AS for DOS and AS-EASY-AS for Windows and messages by users on how to use it, etc. (Discontinued, but still used by many users)
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

ASAWIN with Ubuntu

Post by BillRotando »

This thing has been driving me crazy. I have been trying to get ASAWIN to run on ubuntu with wine and I can't get by the installation. I actually can't get by the screen that needs the serial #.

Has anyone been able to run it on ubuntu? Any hints?
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else
MaryTw
Casual User
Casual User

Re: ASAWIN with Ubuntu

Post by MaryTw »

I am a newbie at ubuntu, but I can report that I have successfully installed and run ASAWIN95 in it. It feels like quite an accomplishment, given that I don't really know what I am doing :-)

It installed without a hitch (using wine). The only difficulty I (still) have is creating a shortcut for it (not the easiest thing to do in ubuntu 11.10). So, after I installed it, in order to run it I had to go to terminal, (make sure I was in my home directory) and then type "wine .wine/drive_c/ASAWIN/ASAWIN.EXE" (that's the default directory where the installer places the program)

Program started, I was able to use it, load worksheets, etc. without any problems.

No, I have to figure shortcut creation in ubuntu :-(
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Re: ASAWIN with Ubuntu

Post by BillRotando »

%^@$$#^, I tried it again, and it worked! I had wasted so much time trying to get it to run, a few months ago, it wasn't funny. I don't know what changed between then and now, but something must have. It's running fine now!

Thanks
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else