Agile/Scrum Software?

Project Management, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Software Development, Software Architecture Styles, Development Platforms, and more...
NewAgile
New User
New User

Agile/Scrum Software?

Post by NewAgile »

Any good software products for managing Agile/Scrum that anyone could recommend here based on personal experience?
AaronRT
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Agile/Scrum Software?

Post by AaronRT »

JIRA and Confluence, among many others. The best way to determine what tool would be the best for you, would be to try it.
If it takes you too long to refactor than you are not refactoring enough!
Joe.Kallapeti
New User
New User

Post by Joe.Kallapeti »

AaronRT wrote:JIRA and Confluence, among many others. The best way to determine what tool would be the best for you, would be to try it.
I'd vote for confluence, though there are a couple of newer products, I just don't have any experience with them. I have also seen a lot of smallish Agile projects being run using homegrown packages using excel, visio and word.
MoxiTown
New User
New User

Post by MoxiTown »

@Joe.Kallapeti, do you know if there are any such homegrown excel type systems available to download and adopt for my own use? I'm getting interested in this, but am not really at the point where I'd be willing to incest the time to learn such a system.
NewAgile
New User
New User

Post by NewAgile »

Well, I just wanted to post a quick note here and state that I have found some free, web-based solutions for agile pm. Not necessarily scrum, more like Kanban, but they from the little I have used them so far, they seem pretty good. They are totally free for a few users and scale well for larger groups.

wrike
podio
asana

If you use any of them, let me know what you think, as well.
Joe.Kallapeti
New User
New User

Post by Joe.Kallapeti »

I know of wrike, but not the other product. Basically, my thinking is that you should pick one that has *most* of what you need and stick with it.

Another, similar product is Trello (more of a Kanban management system).
WiltonMarks
Casual User
Casual User

Post by WiltonMarks »

I also like Trello. It's pretty good and FREE!
JimLombard
Casual User
Casual User

Post by JimLombard »

JIRA is pretty much the leader in this category, esp. if coupled with Confluence. Most of the other products are wannabes, or have limited features.
Luck is not a factor. Hope is not a strategy. Fear is not an option - James Cameron
WiltonMarks
Casual User
Casual User

Post by WiltonMarks »

JimLombard wrote:JIRA is pretty much the leader in this category, esp. if coupled with Confluence. Most of the other products are wannabes, or have limited features.
Jim, please, tell us how you feel.

One should always pick the right tool for the job. Trello has *more* than what I need to get my work done, so why would I pay the premium for JIRA? Not to mention all the bloat for features I do not need or want!
GaryLt
New User
New User

Post by GaryLt »

WiltonMarks wrote:JimLombard wrote:
JIRA is pretty much the leader in this category, esp. if coupled with Confluence. Most of the other products are wannabes, or have limited features.
Jim, please, tell us how you feel.

One should always pick the right tool for the job. Trello has *more* than what I need to get my work done, so why would I pay the premium for JIRA? Not to mention all the bloat for features I do not need or want!
Trello is now owned by JIRA, so...