Problem with 5.7 opening in Winsdows 7 32bit

Info on how to get a free copy of TRIUS' spreadsheet program AS-EASY-AS for DOS and AS-EASY-AS for Windows and messages by users on how to use it, etc. (Discontinued, but still used by many users)
Helmut
New User
New User

Problem with 5.7 opening in Winsdows 7 32bit

Post by Helmut »

Hi, I've been running Aseasy-As 5.7 for dos on win XP now for years with no problems.
When I try to open it in windows 7 [32 bit] I get "This system will not run in full screen mode". Does anyone have a workaround? I've been putting off moving on from XP for years because I've been dreading having to give this app!
GradPhys
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Problem with 5.7 opening in Winsdows 7 32bit

Post by GradPhys »

Try using DosBOX. It's a free DOS emulator that works under Win7-32 and Win7-64 and allows you to run pretty much any DOS application. I have used it to successfully run ASEASY for DOS among many other DOS programs.

You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox ... p_redirect
dhimmer
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Problem with 5.7 opening in Winsdows 7 32bit

Post by dhimmer »

That's a great idea. I actually just tried it with a copy of ASEASY for DOS I just downloaded from this site and it worked like a charm! Is this the only DOS emulator for 64-bit windows out there?