Using As-Easy-As for DOS with Windows XP

Info on how to get a free copy of TRIUS' spreadsheet program AS-EASY-AS for DOS and AS-EASY-AS for Windows and messages by users on how to use it, etc. (Discontinued, but still used by many users)
StevePeters
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Using As-Easy-As for DOS with Windows XP

Post by StevePeters »

chasmoran wrote:Are you a programmer, by chance?
Not unless you consider having to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del every 5 minutes being a programmer :-)
chasmoran
Active User
Active User

Post by chasmoran »

Ah, well... :)

I don't know if you've looked back over the posts on this topic, but I've been developing this budget worksheet, and using it every week, for about 22 years. I first learned to program in Commodore Basic on a Commodore 64, and even co-wrote some commercial educational software for that primitive machine - but of course that skill is next to useless now. I learned spreadsheet macro programming on Lotus 1-2-3 for MsDOS in about 1993, then wrote the first budget worksheet on As-Easy-As because the macro were almost identical - and it was free (I did buy it later)!

Because of the continuity of use, and the fact that the budget system on As-Easy-As for DOS did exactly the job I intended it to do, there was never a desperate need to update the platform. However I still hope to update it, or have it updated, someday.

Cheers,
Charlie
chasmoran
Active User
Active User

Post by chasmoran »

Hi yet again,
Version 21 (by which I mean zip file 21) fixes the cheque problem, allowing cheque payments - and now direct debits and standing orders also - to be deducted from kitties (funds) in the savings section of the budget, even though the actual debits occur in the user's current account. The Guide has been updated accordingly.
I know cheques are very little used nowadays - and rightly so - but if anyone still does, the budget should reflect that.
Cheers,
Charlie
Attachments
mst_rv21.zip
(142.97 KiB) Downloaded 1281 times
chasmoran
Active User
Active User

Post by chasmoran »

Hi there,
The attached zip file (containing Moneystar.aut only) corrects an error which would prevent DD, SO or cheque expenditure based on savings funds, which was supposedly made possible in the last modification, from being correctly deducted from the budget.
Hopefully, with this, I've finally squashed all the bugs...!
To those kind folks who've loyally downloaded all these revisions, please let me know if you've been using the spreadsheet and what, if any, success you've had with it?
Cheers,
Charlie
Attachments
mst_rv22.zip
(104.74 KiB) Downloaded 1279 times
chasmoran
Active User
Active User

Post by chasmoran »

Hi,
I haven't logged in for a while, basically because I haven't had to make any further improvements or corrections to the Moneystar spreadsheet. I notice that the latest version has since been downloaded 24 times in total, which in my view constitutes a success...
I'm only a little sad that, out of all the members who've downloaded it, no one has felt it justified any comment or feedback (good or bad). I wonder if this says something about me, or the spreadsheet, or the type of people in general who still use MSDOS-based software in the 21st century? Please prove me wrong! :)
I have been considering whether it would be worthwhile modifying the budget targeting formulas so that a fixed target could be preserved when entering expenditure from the relevant kitty (not just when transferring out of it). Anyone...?
Cheers,
Charlie