Does TRIUS do Databases?

An area to discuss any/all other topics
FrankS
New User
New User

Does TRIUS do Databases?

Post by FrankS »

I was wondering if TRIUS does any sort of hosting of large data sets, either directly, or through its undertow relation.

I figured that since they have to handle mapping, which required large databases, they may have the facilities and know-how to handle other data sets, as well, for third parties.
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Re: Does TRIUS do Databases?

Post by BillRotando »

Well, I have nothing to do with the company, but I haven't anything like that mentioned anywhere on their web page, so what would make you think they might and ask this question? For example, why didn't you also ask if the build homes or something other, totally out of context!

That's weird!
If at first you don't succeed, just give up and do something else
FrankS
New User
New User

Post by FrankS »

As I explained, since mapping involves handling large amounts of data, I thought they might be doing that. I thought I made that clear.
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

I din't mean to jump all over you like that, sorry.

What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for someone to host your large database(s)? If so, what sort of other criteria do you have? accessibility, bandwidth, redundancy, etc.? with some additional details others here may be able to help more. Are you looking for some kind of Tier-1 datacenter, or something?
FrankS
New User
New User

Post by FrankS »

Not sure exactly what a Tier-1 datacenter is, but it could be. I am looking for reliable secure facilities to host some large database-based solutions.
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

FrankS wrote:Not sure exactly what a Tier-1 datacenter is, but it could be. I am looking for reliable secure facilities to host some large database-based solutions.
Not an expert, but this may help you.
Attachments
Data Center Basics.pdf
Datacenter Tiers I, II, III and IV described
(288.83 KiB) Downloaded 1658 times
FrankS
New User
New User

DataCenter - was - Does TRIUS do Databases?

Post by FrankS »

BillRotando wrote:
FrankS wrote:Not sure exactly what a Tier-1 datacenter is, but it could be. I am looking for reliable secure facilities to host some large database-based solutions.
Not an expert, but this may help you.
It sure did help, thank you very much. Now I'm confused in a different way :-( Is this TRIUS does? Do they have a Tier-One datacenter? And if so, do they host databases/apps for customers, or just their own?

I guess that's what I am really asking.
BillRotando
Active User
Active User

Post by BillRotando »

No, I don't think they they do any datacenter stuff. But, you can email them directly and ask them. It's that simple.
FrankS
New User
New User

Post by FrankS »

I will and thanks for providing the information about datacenters, it really gave me an good overview of the subject.
MoxiTown
New User
New User

Post by MoxiTown »

FrankS, there is a lot of information out there regarding datacenters. I have a whole bunch of PDFs laying around here, if you are interested. I have to say, though that reading your posts I am not sure that datacenter information is what you are after. It sounds like you are looking for a reliable ISP, that's it.

In any case, if you are still looking for datacenter information, let me know what type of information and I'll see if I have something appropriate to upload here for you.