confusing forum structure

An area to discuss any/all other topics
jerryt
Casual User
Casual User

confusing forum structure

Post by jerryt »

Don't know who is responsible for the forums structure here, but it is very confusing. The miscellaneous sections has threads about document downloads, the energy section has threads about document downloads, some forums are specifically named after specific products, etc.

Someone need to take a close look and spend some time re-organizing them!

Some of the documents hidden deep in these threads are gold findings, but it's so hard to find them, unless you already know what you are looking for. It's a shame :-(

Re: confusing forum structure

Post by Moderator »

Well, I don't make those decisions, but I don't think that Trius wants to set up a database of documents, as such, because that probably involves a good level of effort in maintaining it, supporting it, etc. The way ti is now, users may upload whatever document they feel would be useful to others here and they can ask questions about them, if they chose to, or not. It's strictly between the users themselves.

I know this may not be the best setup or it may not be what you wanted to hear, but I don't believe you'll any sort of "documents database" being set-up any time soon.
jerryt
Casual User
Casual User

Re: confusing forum structure

Post by jerryt »

Moderator wrote:Well, I don't make those decisions, but I don't think that Trius wants to set up a database of documents, as such, because that probably involves a good level of effort in maintaining it, supporting it, etc. The way ti is now, users may upload whatever document they feel would be useful to others here and they can ask questions about them, if they chose to, or not. It's strictly between the users themselves.

I know this may not be the best setup or it may not be what you wanted to hear, but I don't believe you'll any sort of "documents database" being set-up any time soon.
Well, then can you at least provide some more granularity in the forums? May be break the forums up in smaller, more narrow interest topics, so that we can find documents about a particular subject a lot easier?